Immigration and Multiculturalism is responsible for the Provincial Government’s strategies, policies, programs, services, and initiatives related to the attraction, recruitment, and retention of immigrants to the province. The office is responsible for five primary areas:
- Raising awareness within the province of the benefits of immigration;
- Promoting the province as a desirable destination for prospective immigrants;
- Administering the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) and the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP);
- Improving retention through enhanced settlement and integration services; and
- Promoting multiculturalism throughout the province.