NLOWE is a non-profit organization established in 1997. NLOWE provides professional development, training, and business support to women entrepreneurs in Newfoundland and Labrador. NLOWE has been advocating to reduce barriers to women’s entrepreneurship and building capacity to increase the number of women-owned and women-led businesses for more than twenty-five years. NLOWE has regional business advisors who support and guide women to reach their business goals.
Through our events, training, and networking opportunities, women are making meaningful connections throughout the entrepreneurial community. NLOWE is helping women to be inspired, informed, and connected in the following ways:
- Online and in-person professional development, training, and business support.
- A community of peers with whom to connect and build your business network.
- A member-only portal containing an extensive collection of business development and professional development webinars.
- A free digital entrepreneurial resource library for women entrepreneurs to access the information, resources, and tools needed to start and grow their businesses. (Coming soon)
- NLOWE’s Mentorship Program – a network of mentors who provide advice and share leadership with other women looking to enhance their leadership skills and business growth.
- The annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, since 1998, have recognized women entrepreneurs whose successful businesses contribute to the provincial economy and to their communities.
- Annual conference with prominent keynote speakers that inspire and educate.
- Mastermind groups – a facilitated peer mentoring program where members draw on the experiences and wisdom of their peers on business challenges and opportunities.
- Print and digital publication of The Advisor – a quarterly magazine distributed across North America. It reflects the organization’s community by showcasing women entrepreneurs by telling their stories.